Vegan - Vegetarian - Gluten Free - Dairy Free - Paleo - Oil Free - No Added Sugar - No Added Salt
This is a super easy, yet super yummy recipe. Plus, it's a completely balanced snack; containing complex carbohydrates (the apple), heart healthy fats (the peanut butter), protein (also the peanut butter) ,simple sugars and fibre (the sultanas). Everything you require in one sitting! Plus, you also get to eat the rest of the apple which doesn't make it into the 'sandwich'. Cook's perk I guess.
As always choose an all natural peanut butter or a peanut butter with the least amount of ingredients as possible. Ensure the peanut butter you choose has absolutely no added sugar and only uses heart healthy oils, such as palm oil. When your choosing sultanas, ensure you buy a packet that contain only the dried fruit and maybe a small percentage of oil. But ensure that the sultanas you choose do not have any added sugar what-so-ever.
Peanut Butter & Sultana Apple 'Sandwich'
1 tablespoon crunchy/smooth peanut butter
1 tablespoon sultanas
- Cut an apple in half. I used a Golden Delicious apple (because this particular apple and also Pink Lady apples are my favourite), but use whichever apple you prefer.
- Cut two large, even sized chunks out of the apple and set aside the rest of the apple (but don't forget to eat it - waste not, want not).
- Core the chunks of apple using an apple corer (like me) or a knife.
- Spread one tablespoon of crunchy or smooth peanut butter onto one of the apple chunks.
- Evenly disperse the sultanas over the peanut butter.
- Finally, finish off by placing the other chunk of apple on top of the peanut butter and sultanas covered side.